Are you interested in studying at the University of Jordan?
Here is all you need to know as an international student!
University of Jordan in Jordan
- Total Students 322349
- Total Programs 56
- University Rank503
- Established year1962
- Institution TypeUniversity
University of Jordan in Jordan Destination
Contact Information For University of Jordan in Jordan
- Phone +962 6 535 5000
- Email [email protected]
- Address Aljubeiha, Amman, Jordan
About University of Jordan in Jordan
Established in 1962, University of Jordan (JU) is a public university located in Amman, Jordan. It has a global ranking of 503 for the year 2024 according to QS World University Rankings’ website.With a broad range of degree programs, it offers a unique academic and culturally immersive experience for international students.
International Program and Marketing Department has been established to help ensure that our international students have a pleasant experience at the University of Jordan by providing them with all the services they need before, during, and after completing their studies at the University of Jordan. In addition to Marketing activities, the IPMD is responsible for handling admission applications, induction weeks and training, visas and immigration advice, residency, fees and funding, as well as answering any questions queries about studying at the University of Jordan.
VisionOur vision is to help the University of Jordan to be among the leading international and Arab universities. And to be a global, smart, attractive and an independent university that carries a cultural and educational mission that improves the national and global well-being.
MissionOur mission is to help ensure that our international students have a pleasant experience at the University of Jordan by providing them with all the services they need before, during, and after completing their studies at the University of Jordan. In addition to Marketing activities, the IPMD is responsible for handling admission applications, induction weeks and training, visas and immigration advice, residency, fees and funding, as well as answering any questions queries about studying at the University of Jordan.
Why University of JordanThe University of Jordan (UJ), which was founded in 1962, one of the best 600 Universities worldwide, one of the best 10 Arab universities, has grown to become Jordan’s largest and leading university excelling in pedagogy, research, and innovation and advancing in global standing, it has offered a wide choice of academic programs for students who can choose from more than 250 Programs from 24 schools in various disciplines.
UJ offers 94 bachelors in different programs. . At graduate level, UJ provides 38 doctoral Programs, which represent more than 50% of doctoral programs in Jordan, and 111 master programs, which represent about 25% of master programs in Jordan, 16 higher specialization programs in medicine and one in dentistry, and 3 diploma programs, and after graduation, UJ’s employment reputation is 267 worldwide according to QS World Universities Ranking 2018.
UJ has gained many international accreditations for its programs, such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, engineering, rehabilitation and other disciplines.
Minimum acceptance rates at the University of JordanMedicine 85%
Rehabilitation sciences 70%
Foreign languages 65%
Educational Sciences 65%
For more information about fee and programs
Conditions for admission to the international program at the University of Jordan
First: Certificates and nationalities that are allowed to apply for the international program:
- All nationalities except Jordanian
- Nationality of the certificate: Jordanian, Arab, and foreign certificate
- Special conditions: Equivalency of the foreign certificate from the Jordanian Ministry of Education, while the Arabic certificate is Needs authentication or equivalency from the Jordanian Ministry of Education
- The currency of payment is the dollar
Second: Conditions for admission
- The secondary school certificate that the student holds must be from a branch that qualifies him to join the college/specialization applied for according to The admission criteria issued by the Higher Education Council can be found on the secondary school branches. Click here
- The minimum high school diploma average required for admission to the Faculties of Medicine and Dentistry (85%), and to the specializations of the College of Pharmacy and the specializations of the College of Engineering (80%) In the specializations of the College of Sharia (75%), in the specialization of medical laboratory sciences, in the College of Nursing, in the specializations of the College of Rehabilitation Sciences (70%), and in the rest of the colleges (65%).
- Students who hold an intermediate university certificate (diploma) or its equivalent in the corresponding specializations may be accepted at the University of Jordan under the following conditions:-
- A - The student must have passed the Jordanian high school certificate or its equivalent.
- B - The student’s grade in the intermediate university certificate (diploma certificate) must be at least ) Good or his average must not be less than (68%) for all specializations except pharmacy and engineering specializations, in which his average may not be less than (70%).
- C - Jordanian students who hold an intermediate university degree (diploma) from outside the Kingdom, regardless of their average in the educational institution from which they graduated from outside the Kingdom, can apply directly to universities for bridging (with the exception of medicine and dentistry specializations) on the parallel program in Jordanian universities, provided that they pass the qualifying examination held by Al-Balqa Applied University for bridging purposes.
- D- Non-Jordanian students who hold an intermediate university certificate (certificate) can Diploma) from outside the Kingdom and according to the average stated in their certificate. Apply directly to universities for bridging (except for medicine and dentistry specializations) on
The international program in Jordanian universities is provided that:
- Admission to the corresponding majors is in accordance with the lists approved for this purpose. In the event that the specialty is not included in the lists of corresponding specializations. The relevant university determines the corresponding specialization according to the academic subjects mentioned in the transcript.
- The intermediate university certificate (diploma certificate) must be duly certified.
5 - Anyone who has enrolled in the parallel program and the international program may not transfer to the regular program.
6- It is not permissible for anyone who has enrolled in the international program to transfer to the regular program or the parallel program.
7- A student who has previously studied in any other educational institution and wishes to join the University of Jordan must bring proof that he was not expelled from it for disciplinary reasons (a letter of good conduct from his university).
8- Tuition fees and fees will not be refunded to the student accepted at the University of Jordan The other, or any percentage of it in the event of leaving the university.
9 - The subjects studied by the student at another university or community college are equated electronically by the departments concerned with teaching the subjects according to the applicable subject equation instructions. To know the equation conditions, click here.
10- For more details about university fees in the parallel and international program, click here Documents required upon completion of the admission process:-
A- The original high school transcript, duly certified.
B- The original equivalency certificate for the student who holds a foreign or Arab degree.
C- The original comprehensive examination certificate and the original diploma transcript are certified According to the rules for students who hold a community college diploma.
D- A certified copy of (the Jordanian student’s civil status ID and birth certificate).
E - A copy of the passport of the non-Jordanian student.
And - three personal photos.
University of Jordan in Jordan Ranking
Best Global Universities Rankings 2022-2023
These institutions from the U.S. and more than 90 other countries have been ranked based on 13 indicators that me
QS World University Rankings 2024: Top global universities
The 20th edition of the QS World University Rankings features 1,500 institutions across 104 locations and is the
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2024 include 1,904 universities across 108 countries and regions. The table is based on our ne
University of Jordan in Jordan Programs
Management Information SystemsBachelor
Computer Information SystemsBachelor
Business Information TechnologyBachelor