MODELING AND PRICING RISK The management of uncertainty and risk is a crucial undertaking for many companies. Once limited to the insurance field, actuaries now help companies in all areas where modeling and risk management play an important role. Actuaries model claims risk for insurance companies, build models of loan defaults, price options in financial markets, predict the value of economic variables, estimate the risk and cost of adverse events and so much more. An actuarial science major trains to mathematically model uncertainty and risk. Surveys show that actuaries have one of the highest job-satisfaction ratings with challenging work, high financial compensation and strong job security.
Start & Deadlines
Go to the official application for the university
College of Arts and Sciences
1. Complete the UD Online Application for the University of Delaware and the $75 application fee.
2. Send official transcripts/examination results* for all secondary and post-secondary work to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
3. Send your test scores:
- TOEFL score 79 iBT or better**
- IELTS score 6.5 or better***
4. Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic advisor.
Recommendations must be sent directly from the source to our office.
- Enterprise Risk Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Economic Analyst
- Data Scientist
Tuition FeeUSD 58,292 / year
Application FeeUSD 75
How to Apply
Simply submit your application using the UD Online Application and complete the checklist below. We release admission decisions on a rolling basis, which means the sooner you apply, the sooner you’ll know whether the University of Delaware could be part of your future.
University of Delaware
United States of America,