Are you interested in studying at the Arab Open University?
Here is all you need to know as an international student!
Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
- Total Programs 14
- Established year2002
- Institution TypeUniversity
Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia Destination
browse other programs for Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
Contact Information For Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
- Phone +(966) 11 274 2277
- Email [email protected]
- Address Arab Open University - KSA P.O.Box 84901 Riyadh 11681 Prince Faisal Ibn Abdulrahman, Hittin, Saudi Arabia
About Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
Established in 2002, Arab Open University (AOU) is a private university located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.With a broad range of degree programs, it offers a unique academic and culturally immersive experience for international students.
Praise be to God, Lord of the worlds, and prayers and peace be upon the most honorable of the prophets and messengers, our Prophet Muhammad, and upon all his family and companions.
Our Dear Students,
Education is the essential foundation of making fine human beings and nation prosperity and it is as well the prime mover economically, socially, scientifically and culturally. Therefore, our wise government is attempting to provide educational opportunities to all classes to all of our generation. That is one of the main interest of our wise government which is led by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, may God protect them. Education sector has great privileges and importance in the country due to the number of schools, colleges, universities and their spread, thus make education opportunities available for all regions and governorates of our dear country.
Furthermore, it is compatible with 2030 vision and in harmony with the education message and supporting to its path which is by providing educational opportunities for everyone in an appropriate educational environment, raising the level of its outcomes quality, increasing the effectiveness of scientific research, encouraging creativity and innovation, developing community partnership, creating a wide range of cultural and social activities, and cooperating with the private and non-profit sectors in providing more programs and innovative activities to enhance educational partnership. Plus, 2030 vision is attempting to make the educational systematic outcomes in compatible with the needs of the labor market.
Arab Open University’s idea was emerged by its founder, His Royal Highness Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz, "may God have mercy on his soul". In 1996, he announced an initiative to establish the university as a non-traditional academic educational entity to invest in directing the development in scientific, social and cultural fields. Furthermore, it invests in supporting building the individuals of the Arab Nations and prepares them with science, knowledge and applied practices. In 2002, this initiative has developed to be interpreted in real life in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and 9 Arab Countries as a complete university in partnership with the Open University in the UK.
Therefore, its message is developing knowledge and skills by providing high quality education and encouraging scientific research in order to invest in sustainable development and community service.
Arab Open University is an educational establishment featuring that it is an educational system which does not take time or place as an obstacle, not even in times of disasters and epidemics. Therefore, it is aware of its role in education and it is aware of its message in accomplishing the educational country vision. We would not be able to accomplish any of that in the university without God’s blessing in the first place. After that, the generous support the university receives from the government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz , the support it gives to every other similar university and the education sector generally.
In the end, I invite ever students, faculty members and employee in the university to make effort and double the work to build this country which deserves everything from us and I invite them to raise its flag and spread knowledge and science to accomplish a flourishing present and bright future for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which is compatible with the vision of our wise leadership, may God support it. The government has as well smoothened the way for the citizen and resident to have the right to get education. We pray to Allah that you stay as a great generation for this nation who would raise its flag and build its glory through your scientific specialization in which you shall be one day the greater support in improving this country.
We pray for God to give you a beneficial knowledge to serve the expectations of the country and the leadership.
Apply Requirements for Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
- The applicant must between the ages of 17 and 25 for bachelor’s degree, Diploma in Arabic Studies, or any other equivalent qualification. For a master’s degree their age should not exceed 30 and for a PhD they should not be older than 35.
- Consent to study in the Kingdom must be given by the government of the applicant from those countries that stipulate the same for Saudi students.
- The applicant should not have previously attained a scholarship to study in any educational institute in the Kingdom.
- All certificates and identification papers must be attested by the authorities specified by the educational institute.
- The applicant should not have been previously expelled from any educational institute in the Kingdom.
- The applicant must pass a medical exam stipulated by Saudi law and the Ministry of Education.
How to apply for Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia
A Service that provides a unified portal for submitting and processing scholarship applications offered by the ministry of education and its institutions to study in Saudi Saudi public university education institutions, with the aim of making the application process for scholarships for advanced students easier and more flexible.
- If you do not have an account in Study In Saudi portal, click on the New User icon Choose the type of ID required and complete the information
- Complete the required registration information
- Choose how to send the verification code
- Enter the verification code sent to the email
- A verification code will be sent to your registered email, After entering the verification code, you will receive an email to activate the user and set the password. Click on the set password link
- After logging in, click on My Services icon, then My profile to fill out the profile
- The information that was entered appears at the stage of creating the account, and the user must complete the other personal data, then click on Save and Continue
- The user fills in the contact information and then clicks Save
Note: You must enter your personal data correctly. If you do not have a Twitter or Facebook account, please write “None.
- After logging in, click on the Apply for Study Now icon to submit the application
- After clicking on the new application icon, you must agree to the terms and conditions for the scholarship application, select the scholarship type, then click on Save and Continue
Note: The internal scholarship is for international students residing in Saudi Arabia, and the external scholarship is for international students residing outside of Saudi Arabia.
- In the second step, you must enter the basic data for the application, then click Save and Continue
- In the third step, you must enter the qualification details, then click on Save and Continue
- In the fourth step, you must enter languages details, then click Save and Continue
- In the fifth step, you must enter universities details, then click Save and Continue
- In the sixth step, you must upload the required attachments, then click on Save and Continue
- In the final step, you must review all the application information and then click Submit
It will appear as a successfully submitted message after the request is sent.
In the My Requests tab, you will find your requests with the status.
The requests that were returned to you or were not completed will also appear in the My Pending Tasks tab, and you can delete them
Arab Open University in Saudi Arabia Programs
Business Studies (Accounting)Bachelor
Business Studies (Accounting in Arabic)Bachelor
Business Studies (Marketing)Bachelor
Business Studies (Systems)Bachelor
BSc in Information Technology and ComputingBachelor
BSc in Information Technology and Computing (Computer Science)Bachelor
BSc in Information Technology and Computing (Computing with Business)Bachelor
BSc in Information Technology and Computing (Network and Security)Bachelor
BSc in Information Technology and Computing (Web Development)Bachelor
BA in English Language and LiteratureBachelor
Accounting in ArabicBachelor