Oxford Brookes University
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Are you interested in studying at the Oxford Brookes University?
Here is all you need to know as an international student!
Oxford Brookes University
- Total Students 3370
- Total Programs 499
- Qs World414
- Established year1865
- Institution TypeUniversity
Oxford Brookes University Destination
About Oxford Brookes University
Established in 1865, Oxford Brookes University is a public university located in Oxford, United Kingdom. It has a global ranking of 414 for the year 2024 according to QS World University Rankings’ website.With a broad range of degree programs, it offers a unique academic and culturally immersive experience for international students.
Oxford Brookes University has over 150 years of history. We started out as a small School of Art in borrowed teaching rooms and have grown into one of the UK's top modern universities with a local, national and international reputation for teaching and research excellence.
We have a lot to be proud of and you can see some of our recent results and achievements here.
But we are continuing to push ourselves, here’s how:
1. Oxford Brookes is thinking globally, growing our international footprint and furthering our already world-leading research.
2. Significant investment in our estate has already resulted in multi award-winning facilities and this investment carries on with a £220 million investment between 2015 and 2025.
3. We are a proud member of the University Alliance (UA), an association of universities with a mission to drive innovation across Britain. Together we promote excellence in education, building the workforce for tomorrow.
4. We are also continuing to drive teaching excellence. Our high student satisfaction with teaching quality is a result of exceptional academics who are talented, supported in their career development and creative in their delivery. This provides our engaged students with a stimulating learning experience, including opportunities to develop skills both inside and outside their studies, with co-curricular projects to fuel their enthusiasm and hone their abilities.
5. The character of our University is evident in our graduates who use the connections and experiences they gain during their time with us to achieve career success, and also make a difference to the world.
6. Our many achievements are also down to our fantastic and dedicated staff, all 2,800 of them. Together with our students, alumni, partners and local supporters we are a close community, and this is vital to our ongoing success.
7. We are proud of our home in Oxford, one of the UK’s most vibrant cities, and one to which we make a significant economic, social and cultural contribution.
Oxford Brookes University Ranking
These institutions from the U.S. and more than 90 other countries have been ranked based on 13 indicators that measure their academic research performance and their global and regional reputations. Students can use these rankings to explore the higher education options that exist beyond their own countries' borders and to compare key aspects of schools' research missions. These are the world's 2,000 top universities.Read more >
The 20th edition of the QS World University Rankings features 1,500 institutions across 104 locations and is the only ranking of its kind to emphasise employability and sustainability.
This year, we've implemented our largest-ever methodological enhancement, introducing three new metrics: Sustainability, Employment Outcomes and International Research Network.
The results draw on the analysis of 17.5m academic papers and the expert opinions of over 240,000 academic faculty and employers. Massachusetts Institute of Technology celebrates twelve years at the top, the University of Cambridge retains 2nd place while the University of Oxford (3rd) climbs one position.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2024 include 1,904 universities across 108 countries and regions. The table is based on our new WUR 3.0 methodology, which includes 18 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across five areas: teaching, research environment, research quality, industry, and international outlook.
This year’s ranking analysed more than 134 million citations across 16.5 million research publications and included survey responses from 68,402 scholars globally. Overall, we collected 411,789 datapoints from more than 2,673 institutions that submitted data. Trusted worldwide by students, teachers, governments and industry experts, the 2024 league table reveals how the global higher education landscape is shifting.
View the World University Rankings 2024 methodology The University of Oxford tops the ranking for the eighth year in a row, but others in the top five have seen shifts in their ranks. Stanford University moves up to second place, pushing Harvard University down to fourth. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) climbs up two places to third this year. The University of Cambridge slips to fifth place, after being in joint third place last year.
The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) was first published in June 2003 by the Center for World-Class Universities (CWCU), Graduate School of Education (formerly the Institute of Higher Education) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, and updated on an annual basis. Since 2009 the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) has been published and copyrighted by ShanghaiRanking Consultancy. ShanghaiRanking Consultancy is a fully independent organization on higher education intelligence and not legally subordinated to any universities or government agencies. ARWU uses six objective indicators to rank world universities, including the number of alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, a number of highly cited researchers selected by Clarivate, a number of articles published in journals of Nature and Science, a number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index Expanded™ and Social Sciences Citation Index™ in the Web of Science™, and per capita performance of a university. More than 2500 universities are actually ranked by ARWU every year and the best 1000 are published.Read more >
Oxford Brookes University Programs
- Accounting and Economics
- Accounting and Finance
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare (BSc top-up)
- Animal Biology and Conservation
- Anthropology and Communication, Media and Culture (joint honours)
- Anthropology and English Literature (joint honours)
- Anthropology and Geography (joint honours)
- Anthropology and History (joint honours)
- Anthropology and History of Art (joint honours)
- Anthropology and International Relations (joint honours)
- Anthropology and Philosophy (joint honours)
- Anthropology and Sociology (joint honours)
- Applied Biosciences (Health Informatics) (BSc top-up)