Are you interested in studying at the Philadelphia Private University?
Here is all you need to know as an international student!
Philadelphia Private University in Jordan
- Total Students 5500
- Total Programs 38
- Established year1989
- Institution TypeUniversity
Philadelphia Private University in Jordan Destination
Contact Information For Philadelphia Private University in Jordan
- Phone +962 6 479 9000
- Email [email protected]
- Address Jarash Road, 20 KM out of Amman, Amman Jordan
About Philadelphia Private University in Jordan
Established in 1989, Philadelphia Private University is a private university located in Amman, Jordan.With a broad range of degree programs, it offers a unique academic and culturally immersive experience for international students.
As a distinguished academic institution, Philadelphia University commits itself to becoming a full partner in the development of both Jordanian society and other societies at the regional and global levels. The role of science, technology, information and means of communication is becoming absolutely vital to the well-being of humanity. In the coming few years, this role is bound to become a decisive engine of growth. Relevant high–quality education, supported by problem–oriented, inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional research, is the only means of leading any society to become an active partner in the development of human civilization.
The speed of globalization and the collapse of cultural and economic barriers require modern education, e-learning and interactive systems rooted in democratic interaction, human rights, complete freedom of thought and greater creativity by the younger sectors of society.
As the rapid development of knowledge, science and technology could widen the cultural divide between generations and society, modern approaches to education and lifelong interactive learning will become indispensable in alleviating effects of this trend.
Carrying a revered name, with deep roots in history, of a major city of the Decapolis on the King’s Road linking old civilizations, Philadelphia is committed to moving forward along the information highway through the twin engines of quality and modernity. It hopes to make a strong bond between knowledge, learning and modern civilization.
The keynote here is the provision of proper, fast-developing and morally informed education. Young men and women are the vehicle that launches societies into a future propelled by quality education to prosperity and innovation. Philadelphia University and its sister institutions will be instrumental in bringing this about.
To be one of the most highly recognized Jordanian Universities in the spheres of teaching and learning, research, and community service according to international standards.
PU strives to:
- Prepare graduates who are well-equipped with knowledge, skills and values and who are highly motivated to lifelong learning and capable of fulfilling the requirements of present time.
- Foster academic research and graduate studies and support innovation plans.
- Establish a productive partnership with the local community.
Apply Requirements for Philadelphia Private University in Jordan
Students with a high school diploma or its equivalent from outside Jordan can enroll in higher education institutions directly through websites of public and private universities or intermediate community colleges based on their averages. Universities implement the credit hours system, which allows students to choose courses according to their study plan.
Students wishing to enroll in a master's program must hold a bachelor's degree. Furthermore, students who wish to enroll in doctoral programs must hold a master's degree.
In addition, students wishing to enroll in postgraduate programs are required to provide a certificate confirming their English proficiency level in a TOEFL or IELTS exam. They could also demonstrate a certain proficiency level in French or German. Lastly, they could take an English language exam held by the higher education institution they apply in.
In the event that the student fails to prove the required level of English, German or French, or fails the English equivalency exam, they may study a qualifying program in English at the university where they undertake additional six credit hours; he/she must score a minimum grade that varies according to their specialization.
Apply Now for Philadelphia Private University in Jordan
Students can apply for admission to a higher education institution in Jordan through the following:
- Applying directly to the institution of higher education of their choice. Many higher education institutions in Jordan have online application services or through university service offices; while some institutions accept applications through mail. Each higher education institution determines its own enrollment requirements. Therefore, a prospective student should communicate with the institution they wish to apply to in order to know the specific admission requirements and procedures.
- Applying directly through the free on-line application
- Communicate with the Directorate of International Student Affairs at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and apply to any higher education institution
Philadelphia Private University in Jordan Programs
E-Marketing and Social NetworkingBachelor
Arabic Language and LiteratureBachelor
English Language and LiteratureBachelor
Chinese Language and LiteratureBachelor
Renewable Energy EngineeringBachelor