Are you interested in studying at the University of Business Technology?
Here is all you need to know as an international student!
University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia
- Total Students 4000
- Total Programs 23
- Established year2000
- Institution TypeUniversity
University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia Destination
Contact Information For University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia
- Phone +966 9200 00490
- Email [email protected]
- Address H5G2+FX3, Ar Rawdah, Jeddah 23435, Saudi Arabia
About University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia
Established in 2000, University of Business Technology (UBT) is a private university located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.With a broad range of degree programs, it offers a unique academic and culturally immersive experience for international students.
Furthermore, in 2012 CBA obtained a University Status and was officially announced by the Higher Council of the Saudi Higher Education as the University of Business and Technology (UBT). The growth journey has continued as UBT with most recently in 2018, the MOE approving offering five new master’s degree programs within the College of Business Administration.
Right from its inception, UBT has focused on providing students with a unique learning experience that is built on solid core values. In particular, UBT prides itself with its high levels of graduates’ employability, and a strong reputation from employers. Today the UBT serves over 5000 students through its four established Colleges, and offers eighteen undergraduate programs and seven masters’ programs; in addition to its Executive Education Center (EEC) and the English Language Academy (ELA). The EEC provides practitioners and executives with professional certifications and qualifications with the highest international standards and recognition.
The University has currently two campuses; its main male campus in Dahban located around 40 km north of Jeddah City; where all Colleges have a presence, in addition to the different Supporting Deanships, ELA, student dorms, sports and recreation facilities, the bookstore, restaurants and coffee shops, and the Grand Mosque. The Female campus, known as Jeddah Campus, is located in Jeddah City and includes the Colleges: CBA, CE, CL, and JCA, Deanships, ELA, sports and recreation facilities, and a bookstore.
Another important breakthrough for an emerging institution was the establishment of a Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) in 2012 to support the ongoing quality of teaching; later renamed to the ‘Faculty Development Centre’, which mainly focuses on providing internal and external development opportunities for Faculty Members. Through different agreements and memberships such as the Higher Education Academy in the UK, training opportunities were provided to 69% of UBT’s teaching staff. Moreover, in 2018, about 94% of UBT faculty got training in different subjects concerning teaching & learning.
Curriculum development in association with:
- Higher Education Academy - UK (CBA)
- University of Connecticut USA (CE)
- Western Michigan University – USA (CBA)
- Buckinghamshire New University (JCA)
As the University has matured, it has increased its research activities and introduced graduate programs as part of its aspiration to shift from being a teaching university to becoming a comprehensive university focusing on teaching, research and community engagement. Most recently UBT has committed to leveraging applied research and to provide an environment that encourages both students and faculty members to become researchers. As such, it has set in 2013, the Research and Consultation Centre which was in 2017 converted into the Deanships of Scientific Research. UBT continues to grow its links with the local community as well as with international partners to fulfill its mission statement and achieve its strategic goals.
Taking into consideration the importance of Quality and Development as a strategic priority for UBT, in 2018, the Quality and Development Division within the Vice Rectorship for Quality and Development became a Deanship.
UBT has also keen interest on positioning itself both regionally and internationally and as such has throughout the years become a member of several well reputable organizations. UBT is today a member of:
- The Association of Arab Universities (AARU)
- The International Association of Universities (IAU)
- The IREG (Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence)
- PRME (Principles of Responsible Management Education) – UN - Global Compact - Initiative
- AACSB, EFMD and AMBA
- The Saudi Arabia Solar industry Association (SASIA)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Through the 20 years journey, UBT has graduated almost 10,000 students holding leading positions in well recognized companies throughout the kingdom.
Apply Requirements for University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia
- The applicant must between the ages of 17 and 25 for bachelor’s degree, Diploma in Arabic Studies, or any other equivalent qualification. For a master’s degree their age should not exceed 30 and for a PhD they should not be older than 35.
- Consent to study in the Kingdom must be given by the government of the applicant from those countries that stipulate the same for Saudi students.
- The applicant should not have previously attained a scholarship to study in any educational institute in the Kingdom.
- All certificates and identification papers must be attested by the authorities specified by the educational institute.
- The applicant should not have been previously expelled from any educational institute in the Kingdom.
- The applicant must pass a medical exam stipulated by Saudi law and the Ministry of Education.
How to apply for University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia
A Service that provides a unified portal for submitting and processing scholarship applications offered by the ministry of education and its institutions to study in Saudi Saudi public university education institutions, with the aim of making the application process for scholarships for advanced students easier and more flexible.
- If you do not have an account in Study In Saudi portal, click on the New User icon Choose the type of ID required and complete the information
- Complete the required registration information
- Choose how to send the verification code
- Enter the verification code sent to the email
- A verification code will be sent to your registered email, After entering the verification code, you will receive an email to activate the user and set the password. Click on the set password link
- After logging in, click on My Services icon, then My profile to fill out the profile
- The information that was entered appears at the stage of creating the account, and the user must complete the other personal data, then click on Save and Continue
- The user fills in the contact information and then clicks Save
Note: You must enter your personal data correctly. If you do not have a Twitter or Facebook account, please write “None.
- After logging in, click on the Apply for Study Now icon to submit the application
- After clicking on the new application icon, you must agree to the terms and conditions for the scholarship application, select the scholarship type, then click on Save and Continue
Note: The internal scholarship is for international students residing in Saudi Arabia, and the external scholarship is for international students residing outside of Saudi Arabia.
- In the second step, you must enter the basic data for the application, then click Save and Continue
- In the third step, you must enter the qualification details, then click on Save and Continue
- In the fourth step, you must enter languages details, then click Save and Continue
- In the fifth step, you must enter universities details, then click Save and Continue
- In the sixth step, you must upload the required attachments, then click on Save and Continue
- In the final step, you must review all the application information and then click Submit
It will appear as a successfully submitted message after the request is sent.
In the My Requests tab, you will find your requests with the status.
The requests that were returned to you or were not completed will also appear in the My Pending Tasks tab, and you can delete them
University of Business Technology in Saudi Arabia Programs
Business Analytics & Management Information SystemsBachelor
Supply Chain ManagementBachelor
Insurance and Risk ManagementBachelor